Welcome to Grand County, Colorado
A place we call home. A place we hope you can call home too.
Located just 2 hours from Denver, Grand County is home to the headwaters of the Colorado River, miles of hiking trails, and over 14,000 full-time residents. Surrounded by the beautiful Rocky Mountains, people treasure Grand County for it’s adventuring attitude and beautiful 360 degree views. The county was founded in 1874 and was named after Grand Lake and the Grand River (a former name of the Colorado River). Grand County is also referred to as Middle Park and is part of the 2nd congressional district of the State of Colorado.
Grand County has more than 10 national protected areas that include forests and wilderness areas such as the Rocky Mountain National Park, and there are 2 ski resorts to explore in the summer and winter – Winter Park Resort and Granby Ranch. Residents of Grand County enjoy fishing, hiking, backpacking, skiing, snowshoeing, and just about any other type of outdoor sport to keep active year-round. Grand County communities include Winter Park, Fraser, Tabernash, Granby, Grand Lake, Hot Sulphur Springs (the county seat), Parshall, Kremmling, and a little place called Radium.
If you’re looking to learn more about Grand County and if it’s the right place for you to build your new home, we invite you to explore the links below to learn more, or ask our team directly why they love to call Grand County home.
Mountain Living Benefits
- Easy access to Denver airport with an average of a 2 hour drive.
- Colorado’s favorite Winter Park Ski Resort.
- Close to Rocky Mountain National Park and other public lands to enjoy trails, camping, and wildlife viewing.
- Grand Lake, the largest natural lake in Colorado and the Colorado River provide fishing, boating, and world class white water rafting.
- Great real estate investment opportunities.
- Excellent school system with a 5 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, and 3 high schools.
- Year-round outdoor activities and adventures.